The partial lockdown imposed on Accra, Kasoa, Tema and Kumasi has been lifted by the president.
Ban on social gatherings and all other directives are still enforced. The lift on restrictions is effective 1am, 20th April, 2020.
Below are some reasons for the partial lockdown uplift:
1. In view of the ability to undertake aggressive contact tracing of infected persons
2. The enhancement of the capacity to test
3. The expansion in the number of the treatment and isolation centers.
4. The better understanding of the dynamism of the virus
5. The ramping up of our domestic capacity to produce out own personal protective equipments,sanitizers amd medicines
6. The modest successes challenge at containing the spread of the virus in Accra and Kumasi
7. The severe impact on the poor and the vulnerable
Ghana’s confirmed cases of the novel virus stand at 1042 .