Guardians of Senior secondary school last year understudies can visit their kids inside their a month and a half’s stay in school however a parent won’t be permitted to converse with their ward, the Minister for Education has said.
The Education Minister revealed this in a meeting with Kwame Sefa Kayi on PeaceFM’s Kokrokoo checked by websaet.com on June 4, 2020.
The Minister in the meeting said for wellbeing reasons “We don’t need any parent to visit their youngsters in any of the Senior secondary schools, he added that the understudies are to be in school for just a month and a half to get ready for their last assessment and afterward return home following 5 weeks”
He clarified that guardians banned from visiting understudies viable June 22, 2020, is a piece of measures to constrain outer communications in schools and furthermore moderate the spread of the novel infection.
The Member of Parliament exhorted guardians to give all the essential things their kids as an understudy will require during the time to be spent in school for them to be agreeable and center around their examinations on the grounds that once they report to class guardians won’t be permitted to visit.
In any case, NAPO later expressed that “regardless of whether a parent is permitted to enter the school premises he/she won’t be permitted to connect with the understudy, including that if a parent has something valuable or unique for his/her ward, it ought to be given to the school experts for them to convey to the understudy fittingly.
In the interim, the National Council of Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) has appealed to the legislature to approve last year understudies answering to class on June 15 to utilization of highlight telephones so as to keep in contact with guardians should the need be.