The Greater Accra regional minister, Hon. Ismael Ashitey, through the Greater Accra Regional Security Council has called for compulsory wearing of face masks in the region.
This is to ensure compliance with the President’s directives on wearing of face masks as well as observing social distancing.
The council met on Wednesday, 22 April ,2020 and arrived on the following agreement to be carried out in the country’s capital, Accra.
1. Mandatory wearing of face masks
2. Education on wearing of face masks, social and physical distancing by the various MMDAs in their jurisdictions.
3. Creation of satellite markets to decongest main markets in Accra.
4. Temporal ban on all special market days
5. Installations and use of public address system to educate traders on the need to wear face masks and keep distance.
6. Commercial drivers must ensure all passengers put on face masks before going on board.
7. “NO FACE MASK, NO ENTRY” must be displayed by offices, lorry stations, markets, malls, pharmacies and among others.